Are you in the search of the perfect holiday party appetizer? You have to try this delicious twist on the classic pigs in a blanket recipe. I made these little guys for Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit with my family. Let me know if you give them a try! -Rose
NOTE: When wrapping the jalapeno, cheese mixture, and smokie— trim the jalapeno halve to be the same size as the smokie. This will make wrapping the mixture much easier.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||24 minutes|
- 1 package lil smokies (about 36 pieces)
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese (or pepper jack)
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
You can always make them early and freeze them.
- put cream cheese & cheddar cheese in a food processor, blend until smooth.
- preheat the oven and line two cooking sheets with parchment paper
- cut the top of jalapeños off, cut each in half and clean out the insides
- take the puff pastry sheets and cut into eight equal rectangles
- take the jalapeños halves and cover them with cheese mixture, then place a smokie on top. Wrap this whole thing in the rectangle of puff pastry. Repeat on a lightly floured surface until done.
- whisk egg and lightly coat the outside of the rolls
- place all the rolls onto the cookie sheets and bake for about 24 minutes (until golden brown on top)
- serve with fresh salsa
Share this Recipe