- Preheat the oven to 425
- Mix the butter (soften), rosemary, .5 of garlic head, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Pat dry chicken
- Salt and pepper the inside of the cavity of the chicken. Then stuff the chicken with two halved lemons, one quartered onion and half of garlic amount. Tie the legs of the chicken with cooking twine.
- Rub butter mixture all over the outside of the chicken
- Place chicken in roasting pan, place the leftover lemon & onion in the bottom of the pan with the .5 cup of white wine.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then remove chicken from the oven and bast the chicken with the moisture in the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for 40 more minutes, until the skin, is golden brown and the inside temp. is 155-160.
- Remove from oven and carve!
After you enjoy your delicious chicken, make sure to sure to save the chicken carcass. I am going to share my simple chicken stock recipe here: Chicken Stock.
Ingredients: One stalk celery, five large carrots, parsley, one onion, salt & pepper.
- Place chicken carcass into a large stockpot.
- Add celery, carrots, parsley, and onion to pot.
- Fill the pot with water, enough to cover the ingredients in the pot. Add salt & pepper.
- Bring pot to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 4 hours.
- Remove pot from stove and strain the contents to get the perfect homemade stock. Enjoy!